i have a questions for whoever has been on this weight loss journey for over a year
i have been doing this for over a year and i am losing my will to keep doing this everyday
how can i get this back
i ache all over i just feel like i have plateaued for so long that to keep working so hard and not getting much results is really affecting me
the year i was getting results was ok but the smaller you get the smaller the results
how can i stick to this
what helps you guys stick with it
i feel hopeless right now adn its affecting my enitre life not just my workout life
ive gotten so depressed over this
BEE, I haven't been on this journey for a year yet THIS time.
ReplyDeleteBut it sounds like to me you need a dose of the maintenance for a while. I did that when I needed to step back by weighing every day and getting back into loss mode every time I hit the 5 pound over mark. Eventually after a month I had recalibrated my identity. My body thought so too.
Aw I'm sorry you're sad. *Hugs*
ReplyDeleteI have been doing this for just over a year and I honest to god feel like quitting most days. I don't though, because I know that the second I do I will go right back to where I came from- 337 lbs, lonely, missing out on life and opportunities, barely able to move, sick every other week, and on the road to 400 lbs. I couldn't feel anything most of time time (happy or sad) because of all of the junk I was putting in my body.
Sometimes you lose motivation, it's a long road and it sucks that we have to be on it. Sometimes, you just do it, whether you feel motivated or not, you just do it.
For me I have to think about where I started, be proud of how far I have come, and keep looking forward to all of the great things that are waiting for me in the future (that I can't get if I don't get my health under control).
Oh goodness sorry to be so long! :)
It is easy to get discouraged when it feels like you're working at it forever and not getting results. I try to stay focused on my goals and how much better I feel. I also set related goals, like races, that help me toward the bigger goal of weight loss. As we get smaller we also have to reassess our eating. We require less calories at our smaller size. I think that was my last plateau issue. Shake things up, try new things, boredom is your enemy. Patience is hard for me, so I totally get it.
ReplyDeleteHope some of that is helpful!
Hey, I've been doing it for ALMOST a year, and I feel like I know what you mean. First of all, are you probably feeling more depressed and hopeless because you're sick and bed-bound and that's affecting your emotional state? Secondly, there's the knowledge that - even if your're not losing weight as fast, it's sure as hell better than gaining it all back, which is what would happen if you "gave up." Maybe you should take a break and just try to maintain for a while and not worry about losing anymore. And I'm sure you'll feel better some sunny day soon.
ReplyDeleteBee, how small do you want to be? Well, I guess I could do the math by looking at your ticker...
ReplyDeleteFor me, after I hit the goal I set for my one year...I felt I could breathe a little. I have found now that I am in a few month into my second year, that I don't put as much urgency on losing as fast. Now this did not happen easy, but after last month when my weight loss was really slow even though I was doing the right things...and I threw a fit...I had to readjust my thinking I guess. I mean, what is the point of kicking yourself in the butt when you know for the most part you are making the right choices and moving in the right direction? Stress certainly doesnt help us in the WL department.
Don't feel hopeless about these last pounds. Feel hopeful about the 83 pounds that are gone.
Can you try something new? A totally different way to exercise? Shake things up?
Dont give up. It's happening. Just not as fast as we would like!
Listen to me...you can do it! I am in the exact same boat that you are in. I have had to remind myself time and time again how much more zealous for life I would be at my healthiest size. Please let me know if you need more encouragement. We are in this together!
ReplyDeleteI haven't done this for over a year, but this is my second attempt... My first one lasted about a year, and I got to a plateau weight and gave up. Trust me, I really wish I could go back in time and change my behavior, because the weight all came back, and pretty quickly too!
ReplyDeleteWhy don't you try shaking things up a bit? Find a new "exercise" that makes you happy - maybe join a local sports team or take lessons in a sport that you've never tried before. I took tennis and swimming lessons last summer through our Parks & Rec department and found them to be super fun!
I've also read that changing up your diet plan can sometimes work - if you've been counting WW points, maybe switch to calories or vice versa.
I know you can get past this, I've got faith in you! :)
I have been on this journey for 1 year and 3 months! I too have plateaued and struggled recently but I remind myself why I want this, what exactly it is that I want and how I can achieve it...I also try to break it down in to small goals, trying not to think of the end goal too much but as I get closer it is nice to think of it - I am still 40lbs away though so I am not THAT close. You can do it - remind yourself of someone who inspired you! :o)
ReplyDelete