Wednesday, March 3, 2010

stop the r word today!!!!!

Spread the Word to End the Word  RETARDED
March 3 is End the R-word Day. Help Spread the Word to raise the consciousness of society about the dehumanizing and hurtful effects of the word "retard(ed)" and encourage people to pledge to stop using the R-word! Pledge your support at http://www.r-word.org


thanks guys

6 comments:

  1. Great post. This is a really important issue that a lot of people don't even think about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being patient about something that many of us say not thinking about who it could hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't remember the last time I heard (or used) the 'R' word... I don't think it's that common in the UK... We tend to use the words 'learning difficulties' instead... Hope that's not as offensive...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Short and sweet, but a wonderful post and a wonderful reminder. I also wish that people would stop using the term "ADD" to refer to every time someone is forgetful or disorganized. In general, it's time to stop making mental health issues the butt of jokes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea..I didn't know there was a day that focused on that. Thanks for spreading the word...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I volunteer with many adults who have mental health problems and i would never, ever use the "r" word!

    ReplyDelete