Tuesday, March 2, 2010

running

so i know nothing about running
what is good time wise for a mile
i ran a 12 minute mile at 5mph today
is that good bad ?????
i know its good for me cuz i couldnt run 2 minutes the last time i tried a couple months ago so im proud of myself for trying this today but i want to know running details what good and bad
or average lol
help people im so new tpo this and if i add this to my workouts how much shoudl i do extra a day i do around 30 mins cardio a day and 30 min sculpting a day 5 to 6 days a week already how much running should i add
thanks for any info

6 comments:

  1. better than me! the fact that you are just starting off and were able to do it is bueno! just keep going and increase the speed a little at a time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I run about 11 minute miles and am shooting for 10 minute miles. For starting out 12 minute miles are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is my philosophy on how fast to run.
    It depends on your purpose for running.

    If you are running to burn calories and lose weight, it doesn't matter how fast you go.

    You will burn the same amount of calories running a 12 minute mile as you would if you ran it in 8 minutes.

    If your goal is to win races, then you want to be in the 8 minute or quicker area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only run if there is a car or someone with a gun chasing me...so I would for sure call your 12 min mile an NSV!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In terms of calorie burning, running is the best! And since we all are looking for weight loss results, there really is no better way!
    This article really helped me when I first started running, and thats been pretty much my only for of exercise for the past few months!

    http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-242-304-311-5903-0,00.html


    Hope this helps!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I was jogging, I heard tell of the 8-minute mile and the 12-minute mile, the 8 being more vigorous and the 12 being about the light end of what a normal jogger/runner could do. I think you should feel proud! For me, when I run on the treadmill it feels best at 6 mph, so it occurs to me also that a person's height affects how much ground they can cover in a minute.

    ReplyDelete