Friday, February 19, 2010

exhausting 183

Thanks everyone for all the nice comments about my hair
it is different but i think its so much easier to take care of now
should have done this a long time ago
:-)

little man did not want to sleep again last night
he took about a 3 hour nap from 8-11 then he was up the rest of the night
it makes you want to scream cuz in the morning he is falls back asleep a half hour before we have to go and then he is miserable doesnt want to wake up
suprisingly he was only miserable this morning for about a half hour now he is watching mickey and happy but i know once therapy starts he is going to have a fit
i dont blame him i just wish there was a way to get it through his head thta momma says its bedtime for a reason
i try to explain everything that is going on the next day and he says ok and just continues to stay awake
i dont know what else to do
i actually pray after i scream on nights like that
makes me feel a little better to pray most days
its all i feel i can do sometimes
coming from somone who was christian growing up but was always forced to go to church cuz i hated it and thne for awhile just forgot to pray
i sure found god again after my son was born i dont go to church much cuz its difficult with him but i pray almost everyday for strength and god seems to be listening cuz we are all doing ok
there are ups and down but i feel strong most days to handle this life
i feel the anxiety fading and faith growing stronger most days
which is an amazing feeling

now i have to go give granny a shower
i think this is gonna be a three or four post day again lol

peace!!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. The great thing about blogging is the ability to get everything that's bothering you off your chest! No more festering! Hurray for that. :o)

    Hope you have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Bee, I'm terrible about keeping up with other people's blogs, but thought I'd surf over here this a.m. Do you have any idea what is keeping your son awake? Have you had a sleep study done? We have also had a lot of sleep issues. I still don't have it all figured out, but here's what we've done: (1) I found out T has dust mite allergies! If you don't know about this, let me tell you it's horrible. Dust mites are microscopic spiders and there are millions of them everywhere. They eat dead skin. They're totally harmless but lots of people are allergic. Because they eat dead skin, they love mattresses and sheets. You can imagine! So basically, T wasn't breathing well at night and this was keeping him from falling asleep/staying asleep. If you haven't yet, you might explore whether he has anything like that going on. It's so hard to sleep when you can't breathe well, you know? I just had a bad cold and I couldn't sleep all week because everytime I laid down my nose plugged up, it was awful. Now (2) I also learned that many autistic individuals seem to be deficient in melatonin production. You might look into that too, because melatonin supplements are available. Maybe I'll blog about that because I could go on all day, but basically you can boost melatoning naturally (if yu don't have a brain based problem) by shutting down all sources of blue light 2 hours before bedtime. blue light is in all of your electric lights, computers and televisions. by the way, blue light is what makes the sky blue, and being outside during the day and getting that blue light then is what wakes you up. it also sets your biological clock. So ... first thing in the morning, when it's warm enough, we go outside for a while (on the porch). try to spend as much time outside during the day as possible. 2 hours before bedtime, everything is turned off in our house. special light-blocking curtains. it's almost pitch black. but we bought "bug lights" which are yellow, very little blue light. we put them in lamps, and they are the only light before bed. when I get desperate, I give him melatonin. But not too often, because that could make his body stop making it, plus it does other weird stuff. I totally hear you on the sleep problem. It sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry your son was up almost all night. I know what it's like to go on very little or no sleep and it's no fun. I hope he isn't too cranky today and has a good therapy session. Maybe he'll sleep better tonight. ((huggles))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't have a chance to comment yesterday, but your hair is so cute!
    Please stop by my blog and leave a comment today, you were on my list to be part of my post today, but this week was too crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh BEE. Honey. I'm so sorry. I can't believe you take care of your son and your granny. You are aMAZing. Sometimes I find it's good to let the therapists see her at the times I've told them about. They believe me more, and they have better suggestions to help ;)

    ReplyDelete