Tuesday, February 16, 2010

valentines day weekend ~ 184

First i want to start off by thanking everyone for all the lovely comments the last couple days
I am trying to catch up on all of your blogs after taking quite a few days off of blogging
so bear with me LOL
but i really do appreciate everyone who reads this blog and comments
it keeps me accountable
so thank you guys soooo much

~~~~
so i guess i will start this valentines day post on saturday
the day we celebrated valentines day cuz my hubby had to work sunday

i got up and had presents
yay
who doesnt love presents lol
but this was something i had never gotten before and i loved it
edible arrangements
its fruit and some chocolate covered fruit
yummmy
amazing
i have no words it was such a nice gift from my hubby




and here is the teddy bear he gave our son and the cup/bowl was mine
cute huh
i love it
im telling ya usually i am lucky to get a card lol
this year he went all out
the card on the left is from my son
he thinks it great because i always say i love you this much
 no this much
 no this much
while putting my arms out into a hug
well that basically is what the card says for me
how sweet and thoughtful

and the one on the right sings the you are so beautiful song
thats from hubman

so that was my valentines day
it was amazing
i felt like a princess lol
~~~~~~~~~~
then we went to a place called crystal cabin or something like that
it was a place with ice sculptures / ice carving/ ice maze/ an ice tiki hut that they sold food at / a play pirate ship for the kids / and the best part a huge ice slide
i would have never gone down at 265 pounds but at around 180
hell  yea
so i went down it with my son and had a blast
he must have went down 20 times
it was fun but you had to wear snow pants there and i have a pair
yay
i havent had a pair of snow pants in years they havent made my size
but i found some that fit a couple months ago
how exciting and they have come in handy with sledding and ice slides
gotta love it
it feels like a  whole new life being able to do this stuff with my child

when we came home i made a new kashi pizza i found
 it was okay
and then we even went night sledding outside
so much fun

~~~~~~~~~~~
SUNDAY
 was a relaxing cleaning kinda day
we played some games
you pick a picture and have to build it with magnets
its cute i think its called
 who am i game

heres the bird









the giraffe

the fishy the elephantcrazy haired guy
daddy made it lol daddy made it into a  woman with a mustache in the end
nice right
daddys what more can i say
they are still kids at heart lol


last but not least kitty cat

and of course i cant forget the castle my son made me
he was very proud of this castle


we went and visited everybody that day to give them valentines day candy hearts
we went sledding again of course
lol
we watched a heck of alot of land before time dvds
ya all know there is only like 20 gazillion videos of land before time dinos out there
my son loves dinos
so we have all of them lol
just kidding he did get 2 for christmas and it seemed like we watched them all day long though


and in between those videos we tried the potty training videos

still working on the potty training if anyone out there has any advice on potty training a child with autism please feel free to let me know cuz we are struggling
he can go all day in the potty and then some days go in his pants every couple mins
gotta love it
i have no idea why
so any advice its much needed
he knows how to use the potty just forgets i guess
 i dunno

anyways so for dinner that night he had brownies
thats what he wanted
thats what he on valentines day lol
gfcf brownies
we had fun making them

and last but not least
i of course ate pretty well all weekend
and i counted all the sledding as a workout for sat and sun

but on monday it was back to work
i did jillians banish fat boost metabolism
and i decided cuz ya know i had to have some of that chocolate covered fruit that i should give it a little extra yesterday so i also did about 45 mins or so of taebo
that really hurts after jillian lol
but is well worth it cuz i believe i am still around 183-184
all i can say is  i am happier than i have been in a long time
so lets just hope it i can keep it up


well i know this was very long so thanks for reading
and ill be updating today as well but that should be a short one not much going on today
have a great day peoplezzzzz
hopefully i get around to everyones blogs and can comment today
if not im still here and love ya guys
*HUGS*

13 comments:

  1. I LOVE the original Land Before Time! Sarah is my favorite (probably because I'm bossy like her!). =)

    Awesome job on that great Monday workout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you can enjoy life at your new weight. Way to go! That fruit looks delicious, what a sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! I bet you did feel like a princess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sweet Valentine gifts!! I've been wanting to try one of those edible arrangements. Looks so good.

    And the ice cabin sounds like a blast! I've never seen anything like that. But I've never seen snow pants either! LOL (Houston, TX)

    Sounds like such a fun weekend. Glad you had a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet post! Your family takes good care of you! Ice sliding sounds fun, as does sledding. I don't have snow bibs--will have to look for some.

    About your son and potty issues, I don't know how sensitive he is to sound. Probably very? My DS had sensory issues and he was. Anyway, my DS wet the bed for a long time and he was almost 10 so we bought an alarm. It clips to the underwear, senses moisture, and wakes the child up. (And the whole house. Instead of an alarm, it can also vibrate intead. Maybe something like that, with the vibration sensation instead of the alarm, would help your son be aware when he's focusing so intently on other things.

    I bought ours at Amazon, it was expensive, but worth every penny. It worked in less than a week for my son. I can't remember the name, but it began with an M.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks YUMMY!!! The animals are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The alarms are *really* loud. We joked they would wake the dead. http://www.amazon.com/Malem-Ultimate-Selectable-Bedwetting-Vibration/dp/B000OC8RMW/ref=pd_sim_hpc_5

    That's the alarm we had. I wish I still had it so I could just send it to you, but it was a few years back. Back then, you could rent them on eBay.

    Hope it works!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you google Malem, you may find videos. I remember watching video clips before I bought it. That helped me in determining which to buy. Back then, they had their own website.

    They were just under $100 when we bought ours--I see they've gone up now. It was completely worth its weight in gold for my son's self-esteem and for my pocket book! Those GoodNights got expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet of your husband! That edible arrangement looks really yummy! Sounds like you had a really fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. BEE Good job lady! WHat a wonderful husband and weekend you had!

    have you tried Brushing with the Wilbarger Protocol? It helps my daughter orient herself in space. We try to do it every four hours or so, and it really helps her calm down and become aware of herself.

    Just a thought. We aren't potty training yet. I'm not ready to handle a non-verbal practically immobile training yet. She knows though. I think she's more ready than I. You are BRAVE lady. So BRAVE.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like such a fun Valentine's day and I love the edible arrangements!
    BODA lose weight

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like an awesome weekend! That fruit arrangement looks freakin yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. we have just started potty training (for the 15th time) in earnest. T will be 3 next week. So far, T is doing really great, at least he doesn't have nearly as many accidents as his twin brother, who doesn't have autism, LOL! However, T will not ever initiate to got to the potty. S will have accidents, but other times he will say "you have to go pee pee!" and he'll run to the potty chair and sit on it and most of his pee will make it in there, LOL. But T ... well, it's almost like he's holding it in but if we take him to the bathroom (he prefers the toilet to the potty chair) he goes right away. My husband thinks he's even holding in his poop, and has noticed that almost every time my husband says "do you need to poop?" that he will then poop, but he won't poop before that, even if he's already on the toilet! However, I need to correct myself because yesterday he did one time say "you want to go pee-pee." So maybe that will grow! i guess the jury is still out for us on how this will go. That training thing with the alarm sounds like potentially a good tool. Now, I have learned that with S so far I have had to let him run around stark naked in order for him to use the potty chair, for some reason if I put pull ups or even underwear on him the poor guy just can't remember or something. It's like being naked helps him be aware of his body maybe? Also, he won't use the toilet and will only use the potty chair, so that kind of helps that he's already naked and the potty chair is right there in the room with him! OH ... one other thing ... I'm bribing them with chocolate.;) Oh, yes, that is the true secret to success. Those boys get a little bite of chocolate every time a drop of pee or poop hits that potty/chair. You'd be AMAZED at the wonders this has worked, LOL. It helps that I have been a dragon lady about sugar all their lives, so they do not get a single drop of sugar any other way, ever. LOL. Oh, yeah, my cousin told me she used candy and a friend of mine did too, and boy were they right. I don't know how old your son is, but I'd say a whole lot of the right kind of rewards might be what you need. Like, could you have a reward for if he goes all day without any accidents? Sadly I think that's too hard my kids right now, too much planning and stuff, they wouldn't get it. But for the right kid, maybe something like that would work.

    ReplyDelete