so i am mixing it up today
i am doing the BIGGEST LOSER BOOTCAMP DVD
all 3 levels
so far i did LEVEL 1 and i am taking a 3 min break in between
i burnt 178 calories
LEVEL 2 BURNT CALORIES 133
LEVEL 3 BURNT CALORIES 65
DID EXTRA ABS AND CARDIO AND BURNT AND EXTRA 100 CALORIES
MAKES FOR A TOTAL OF AROUND 475 TODAY
NOT AS GOOD AS MOST DAYS BUT I THINK ITS BECAUSE BOOTCAMP IS MORE STRENGTH SO IT DOESNT BURN AS MUCH CALORIES
AM I RIGHT OR WRONG ABOUT STRENGTH NOT BURNING AS MANY CALORIES????????????????? CUZ I AM NOT SURE
Muscle burns fat, so the more strength training you do, it burns more fat while you're resting.
ReplyDeleteAwesome calorie burn!!
ReplyDeleteCan I ask what tool(s) are you using to count how many calories you are burning? I'd like to keep track of that for myself. Thanks!
You are right... strength training doesn't burn as much calories. You'll get your high calorie burn from the cardio.... BUT, it'll build more lean muscle so you burn more calories at rest (i.e. while you're sleeping) which all in all works out even better! Great job on the workout! :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting on my blog. Hopefully we will encourage one another more often! By the way...I totally don't have enough motivation to do an at home workout. Good for you! Keep the good work up!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat job!!!
ReplyDeleteShort term, you are right, strength training does not burn as much calories. But long term, strength training does more for you.
ReplyDeleteI think of it as a fireplace versus a furnace. A fireplace you put the log on and it burns hot...but then dies down. That is cardio. A furnace you turn on and it's a constant heat.....long term...that is your strength training.
I don't think strength workouts burn as many calories as cardio- I've found the same thing.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I nominated you for an award! Check out my blog. :)
ReplyDelete